Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My First Meme

Tagged by Finny's mom, Andrea, at Fretting the Small Stuff, here is our first attempt at a meme. We bent the rules a little since we have many answers in common, but also many answers that speak to how we are very different. Here goes...

8 things I am passionate about:
1. The Rule of Law (Mommy); Medicine, teaching and research (P-Daddy).
2. Upholding the Constitution and protecting our civil rights.
3. Various sports: Water polo, skiing, and golf.
4. Each other. All of us, in different ways. (Biggie excludes from this category large men in black who are riding bicycles while carrying umbrellas at night.)
5. Vermont
6. The right to love people of the same sex, and to declare that commitment and love publicly and safely. Arguably part of #2, but since our current administration thinks otherwise, it is listed as a separate topic.
7. Our environment
8. My Orvis stuffed chicken and my dumbchucks. (Biggie)

8 things I want to do before I die
1. Raise a child well.
2. Break 90, or at least 100. (P-Daddy the golf nerd)
3. See Antarctica before it melts. (Mommy)
4. See the Great Pyramids.
5. Get someone off of Death Row. (Mommy)
6. Be at my friends' J&M's wedding, and that it not be in Massachusetts or Canada.
7. Make peace with all the people I need to, and have my friends and family understand how much they mean to me, even when I'm being a grouch.
8. Ski moguls and enjoy them. Same with glade skiing.
9. Catch a pigeon or a quacker without Mommy grabbing me and yelling at me. (Biggie)
10. Write something original that isn't a blog entry, a chatty email or a legal brief.

8 things I say often
1. One more snooze...
2. I just told you...!!(P-Daddy has this selective hearing problem...)
3. Biggie-Biggie-Biggie (P-Daddy's chant for the puppy)
4. Dude! (and its variant, "Dude! Why? WHY?" when Biggie plays rough)
5. Ugh. (upon getting home, usually hours later than I'd hoped)
6. Woohoo!! (it doesn't take much to make me happy)
7. too much profanity
8. Can I watch? (P-Daddy)
9. Whaddya wanna do for dinner? (discussion usually revolves around which kind of food to order in)
10. Whatchoo doin'?? (Biggie)
11. They don't pay me enough for this!
12. I suck!
13. I need a drink!!

8 books I’ve read recently [or will admit to reading]
1. The History of Love
2. The Kite Runner
3. The Omnivore's Dilemma
4. Maynard & Jennica
5. The Time Traveler's Wife
6. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
7. Tales of the Otori (Across the Nightingale Floor, Grass For His Pillow, Brilliance of the Moon)
8. The Stand (recently reread)
9. Vanity Fair
10. Fast Food Nation
11. Forever on the Mountain: The Truth Behind One of Mountaineering's Most Controversial and Mysterious Disasters
12. Golf My Way, by Jack Nicklaus (Biggie tried to eat this)
(P-Daddy had several other books for this list that I just couldn't add here. I do have a Goodreads reputation to uphold...)

8 songs I could listen to over and over
1. Anything by Stevie Ray Vaughan (P-Daddy)
2. Amazing, George Michael
3. Any "old" Van Halen (P-Daddy)
4. Come To Me, J.C. Chasez (not sure why, because it also shocks me a little)
5. Anything by The Police except "Mother"
6. Makes Me Wonder, Maroon 5
7. Fly Me To the Moon, Frank
8. Diamonds From Sierra Leone, Kanye West
9. Mo' Money, Mo' Problems, Notorious B.I.G.
10. Broken Arrow, Robbie Robertson (NOT the Rod Stewart version, please!)
11. Welcome to the Jungle, Guns n Roses (P-Daddy)
12. Dog in Heat, Missy Elliott (Biggie)
13. Gettin' Biggie With It (Biggie) ummm... not quite, Biggie

8 things that attract me to my best friends
ONLY 8???
1. They've got my back, and I've got theirs. Always.
2. They take me seriously even when I am being ridiculous.
3. Willingness to laugh at my lame lame jokes.
4. They don't judge me.
5. They're able to make me laugh when I'm taking myself too seriously. (This happens after #2).
6. They get it.
7. We laugh together.
8. They are interesting and talented in their own unique ways.
9. They are good sniffing. (Biggie)
10. They chase me and wrestle with me. (Biggie)

We tag:
Boomer and his mom Carol
Ecogrrrl
Faith, a REAL writer (not that the rest of you aren't also real writers, but Faith's the real deal and meets #1-8 in the list above. Biggie, however, reserves judgment.)
Lavi
Michael-Mike (see note re: Faith, above)
Nanook & Pooka
Pacco
Skydoll
Torrie
Wimsey

and anyone else who wants to join.

5 comments:

Heather Poole said...

Love the blog. What's funny is I almost named my cat (Gatsby, as in the great, because he's one great big Maine Coon) Master G. LOL. I have a feeling Biggie Z and Gatsby, who was almost Master G, which is really GEE - that's a G with a double EE - would have been great friends. He's half dog. I'll have to post a photo of him one of these days. When his hair grows out. :) Hope to see you on another flight! I HOPE to be working San Diego or Las Vegas, so look for me!

Anonymous said...

Hi Biggiwe Z - I got your comment over at Adverse Possession. Thanks for pointing me over here! It looks like we have very similar taste in books. How did you like Forever on the Mountain? I haven't heard of it, but I enjoy adventure/misadventure books.

Urban Smoothie Read said...

makes me wonder was my mommi's favourite song...!! she use to put it in my blog n listen to it every single day..

btw..thanks for tagging me...

Emily said...

What is a meme? Do you have a specific link for it? I looked at the Fretting blog and didn't see it. Huck now has a little blog! It's coming along. I've had a lot of free time for Thanksgiving so I got to work on it. Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving! Did Bud and Benj like Biggie? Did they play nicely? We're a little nervous that they will not like Huck when we go to VA for Xmas...

Veronica said...

Hurray! You did it. I tried to comment a while ago but the computer did not cooperate. We have very similar tastes too! I love how the internet does that.

Finny is doing well lately. He loves the cold weather and was thrilled when it snowed the other day. It's hard to drag him in when it's snowy outside.

Cheers!
Andrea & Finny