Sunday, June 1, 2008

Lifeguard Training

So last weekend we tried a different dog run because my parents were trying to find a place for me to cool off in the city. I would much rather play at the Stratton snow-making pond, but this is pretty good. Mommy used to be a lifeguard and so she showed me the basics, like making sure the water is the right temperature and the pool is ready for everyone to play in.  I watched very carefully. 


See that little brown dog? She had a big crush on me. The black dog is a boy who couldn't decide if he wanted to play with his ball or with me. But that is usually what happens with lifeguards at the pool. It's really hard being popular.  




As part of my lifeguarding duties, I had to test the water quality.



HEY!! WHO PEED IN THE POOL??



Pee or not, the water was nice and cool. 


When I finally got out of the pool, my fans had to jump all over me.



This pool was a little hard to swim in, but it still cooled me off pretty well. 

Coming soon (when P-Daddy lets me have the pictures): Peter the Pez Dispenser...

6 comments:

Dexter said...

Biggie - That pool is totally too small for you (like mine). I think that I would get a raw diet in a flash except that Master wouldn't go along with it. In the meantime, maybe I can get momma to sneak me some fish heads.

Slobbers,
Mango

P.S. What do you chew on for bones? Momma is having a hard time finding bones that I like AND that don't splinter.

Emily said...

Do Kuvaszok like water? I LOVE it! But Tom hates it. You look like you like water from all your splashing and head dunking.

Chris and Mackenzie said...

I may have to break down and get a small pool for Mackenzie. Wish they had dog hours at the community pool!

Wags - Chris & Mackenzie

Anonymous said...

Oh it looks like yous is having so much fun...Miz Allie Cat doesn't likes the water much but she does like meeting new friends...and she has a cool Swap n' Tails she would like to invites you too... http://swapntails.blogspot.com its for doggie and kitty friends...meow...

Biggie-Z said...

Mango - I do have a great pond in Vermont, though, and I'm going this weekend. If you ever travel up that way let us know!

Why won't Master go for raw? Does he ever have to scoop your poop? P-Daddy liked the convenience of kibble but after a week of pickiing up smelly and voluminous kibble poo even he decided raw was better. With us big guys, you really notice a difference.

As for bones - I like the rolled up rawhide retriever sticks (I eat the knotted ones too fast), and RAW marrow bones - at least 6-8" long, are the BEST. You can get them at the butcher or the supermarket. Maybe you can try one of those to convince your Master to go to raw. :P

hugs, Biggie

p.s. sorry everybody for that detour into poop talk.

Biggie-Z said...

p.p.s. The raw marrow bones are way better than the sterilized beef bones they sell as dog treats. Night and day. I don't chew those but I love the marrow bones.

Hi Mackenzie! I'd love to swim with you sometime! I loooooove girl dogs, especially big ones. Cuz y'all are still smaller than me but at least I don't look quite so ridiculous when I'm rolling around on the ground flirting with you.

Huck: TELL YOUR PARENTS TO COME UP TO VERMONT THIS SUMMER AND WE CAN SWIM AND PLAY! TALK TO BUDDY AND BENJI - I THINK WE'RE TALKING END OF JULY? I'LL SHOW YOU MY POND!!!!